Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

Tonight was my first obedience class and it felt so right to be back in the dog world again. Phoenix stayed home since everyone else were newbies. She will be the oldest dog in the class, which I am excited about since I think this will help her not be so nervous. Mary creates such a safe environment and I think Phoenix will have fun. 

I laughed when Mary said that we needed to find a special toy that our dogs would go nuts over. For Phoenix that would be every toy in the world. Still, this gives me an excuse to go dog toy shopping, which is my favorite thing to do. I was just at Petco yesterday and bought them a cool toy--it looks like a ball made out of colorful chain links. Of course Phoenix ended up with it.

Frodo has found his voice! It is so loud it actually hurt my ears. We are working on 'inside voice', though it hasn't done a bit of good.

No comments: