Friday, April 24, 2009

Beaver Believer

Apparently, Frodo has taken the fact that my husband and I are Beavers (OSU grads) to heart and has decided he is a Beaver, too. Consider the evidence:






























Frodo is also sporting a new look for when we go out:















Yes, his dirty little secret is that his ears continue to flop at will. I can keep tape on for three or four days, but eventually the dogs work as a team to chew it off. The ears will stay up for sometimes a whole day, then they are flyin' in the breeze again. When I feel them, they are soft and limp. He is still teething, though.




























Taken at an odd moment when his ears were sort of up.

4 comments:

Spons7 said...

Don't worry about his ears he is still beautiful. Captain loves chewing on wood also as I have a deck with proof. HE has many chew toys but still seems to want to eat other things like mom's shoes. How big is he now as we are all comparison shopping at six months?

Heidi Dahlin said...

I don't have a scale, but will try to get in to the vet to weigh him. I think he will give Captain a run for his money--his body is already bulkier than Phoenix, though he is not up to her frame size yet, and I swear he is made of lead--he's a very dense dog.

Good luck to Captain on the show circuit. Frodo is definitely not a show dog and greatly enjoys his country life.

dreameyce said...

Go Beavs! (But just not on the furniture...)

We're Beavers too. Boy, does that sound dirty ;0P

Elbeepem said...

Evidently the Love of Lumber runs in the family! Sage grabs small twigs, large sticks, bits of wood mulch...anything wood, when we go outside.

And if you need a couch with a leg to match your table...I have just the one for you!

I think Sage is still the little guy. He is about 22.5 pounds now.